· Provides responses to fires and emergency calls; administers life support techniques and procedures based on patient assessment, including all skills at the EMT, Advanced EMT or Paramedic level
· Responds to alarms and assists in the suppression of fire including rescue, entry, and ventilation and salvage work.
· Operates fire and emergency medical equipment, as certified.
· Participates in post-incident operations of cleaning and salvage.
· Completes necessary records and reports for fire calls and emergency calls including information for billing documentation and legal accountability.
· Reports facility maintenance, radio, vehicle and equipment problems to the appropriate level of authority.
· Performs routine maintenance and servicing of equipment including washing and waxing apparatus, checking batteries, checking fuel and oil levels, cleaning and drying hoses, inspecting hose and hose connections for damage and wear; checks fire and EMS apparatus for proper stocking of equipment and supplies.
· Conducts in-service fire prevention inspections as certified.
· Assists with fire inspections and pre-fire hazard surveys.
· Participates in public education and public relations functions as required.
· May drive/operate apparatus as qualified.
· Attends in-service classes to maintain current knowledge of fire suppression and emergency medical technology.
· Cleans furniture, fixtures, and station interior, conducts tours of the station and explains apparatus, equipment, and procedures to the public.
· Participates in physical fitness training.
· Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Certified Firefighter II and EMT
- Valid NC Driver’s License (satisfactory driving record)
- In addition, please submit copies of Firefighter I and II, and EMT/Paramedic certifications
FF/EMT Salary $32,134 - $48,201
FF/Paramedic Salary $37,199 - $55,799
Depending on certifications and experience.