Sign Permit Information
To Obtain a Permit:
The minimum information needed to complete an application for a sign permit:
- Project Name.
- Project Address.
- Property owner's name.
- Tax Parcel # (may be obtained from the tax office, if not on file).
- Total contract cost.
- Sign and/or Electrical Contractor.
- Lot dimensions and storefront dimensions.
- Complete the applicable section(s):
Freestanding, Attached, Window.
- Drawings of Lot & Sign showing dimensions of each.
What is the Cost of the Permit?
Fees are based on $1.00 per square foot per side, plus any electrical permit fee.
Do I Need an Electrical Permit?
YES, all signs requiring electricity must be installed by a licensed electrician. The cost is $40.00 for the Electrical Permit.
Can I Get the Permit the Same Day?
Generally, yes. The application must be reviewed/approved by the Planning Department before a permit can be issued. Permit must be obtained before the sign is installed.
Additional Information that may be Required:
- For signs located in the Historic District, contact the Historic Planner.
- Signs in the Primary Fire District have additional restrictions.
- Depending on size an engineer seal may be required for the
110 MPH Wind Zone.
- Freestanding signs may not be located within any utility easement.
Contact the Electrical Department.
- Footers must be inspected prior to pouring concrete.