Go to new web page
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees meets the third Thursday of each month. (Please call 252-946-4300 to confirm meeting schedule.) It is an advisory board appointed by Washington City Council to advise on library policy and programming. The library board is made up of six members.
Friends of the Library
The Friends of Brown Library is a membership organization that supports the programs and operations of the library through various projects and activities.
The annual Friends of the Brown Library Book Sale is held the third weekend in January.
The event takes place at the Washington Civic Center with a sneak preview for members only on Thursday night.
- Katie Lake, President & Membership
- Tim Staiger, Vice-President
- Deb Caulfield, Secretary
- Dee Donovan, Treasurer
- Sharon Johnston, Newsletter
- Sandra Silvey, Library Director
- Kim Davenport, Technical Services Supervisor
- Terry Rollins, Youth Services Librarian
- Claudia Dahlen, Reference
- Teresa Patti, Circulation Supervisor
- Jennifer Mills, Technical Services Assistant
- Elizabeth Tankard, Technical Services Specialist
- Marilouise Cloutier, Circulation Assistant
- Rhianna Clipperton. Circulation Assistant
- Perry Harper, Custodian
Adult & Children's Services Circulation Services Collections & Other Services Digital Collection
Policies and Procedures
- Internet Use
- Wireless Internet Use
- Multi-Purpose Meeting Room & Exhibits
- Disruptive Behavior
- Miscellaneous Policies
NC Live is available to registered borrowers.
Visit e-iNC Library, Your e-Library on line!
The library is the very best place to start!
Follow us on our Facebook page click
The mission of George H. & Laura E. Brown library provides resources and information to broaden educational and personal horizons to strengthen the community.
Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
George H. & Laura E. Brown Library
122 Van Norden Street
Washington, NC 27889