Division Chief Gerald Seighman
The Volunteer Support Division oversees department safety, hazardous materials response, and specialized rescue. This Division also recruits and oversees the Department's volunteers.
- Lieutenant Harry Gautier
- Firefighter/AEMT William Pitt
- Firefighter/AEMT Ottis Harrell
- Firefighter Richard Brooks
- EMT Donnie Dance
Part Time Personnel
- Senior FF/AEMT Joshua Cutler
- FF/EMT Jacob Sessoms
- Senior FF/AEMT Kasey Woods
Requirements for Volunteers
- Have a desire for more out of life.
- Be willing to be a positive role model for young people.
- Be 16 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Pass a pulmonary function test.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to accept the challenge of being a life saver.
- Be willing to accept responsibility.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Pass a driving record background check if licensed.
- Pass a substance abuse test.
A natural outcome when one is a member of a team that serves the community with pride, dedication, courage, honor and integrity.
All required training in firefighting, emergency medical practices and procedures, rescue techniques and hazardous materials response as well as specialty areas such as public fire and life safety education, fire prevention, confined space rescue and others are provided. In addition, financial assistance for college studies in a related field may be available.
Being a professional means looking like a professional. Uniforms up to full dress are issued dependent upon certification and participation levels.
Worker's Compensation, Life Insurance, State and Federal death and dismemberment insurance provided.
Fully trained personnel are certified at the State and national levels as Firefighter II, EMT-Basic, and Hazardous Materials Responder-Operations. Additional certifications are available.
Monetary incentives paid for meeting response and participation requirements. (If funds are available)
$170 per month at age 55 with 20 years of service. Premiums paid by the City.
Career departments generally look for people with certifications and experience.
A copy of the rules and regulations, as well as an application for membership can be obtained by contacted the station in person during normal business hours.