Renewables & Customer Generation (Solar)
The City of Washington Utilities supports innovative ways to use and conserve energy sources that protect our environment. Renewable energy resources, such as wind and solar energy, are playing an increasingly important role in meeting the nation’s energy needs. Today, there are many renewable technologies that are commercially available to homeowners and businesses that can be safely interconnected to our electrical grid. These resources are important to the City of Washington's balanced approach to meeting our region’s growing electrical needs and helping to establish a cleaner energy future.
- Application for Interconnecting Photovoltaic Generating Facility
- Application Procedures for Interconnecting
- Certificate of Completion
- Photovoltaic Interface Criteria
- Photovoltaic System Interconnection & Metering Notes
- Bilateral Metering for Renewable Energy Facilities Rider
*The City of Washington does not buy back electricity.*
You may contact Shane Lewis: email@example.com or 252-975-9365 with any additional questions regarding renewable energy.