GPS Location: 35.542156, -77.057602
- The Washington Waterfront is along the north shore of the Pamlico River, approximately 25 nautical miles westerly from the Intracoastal Waterway, and 55 nautical miles from Ocracoke Island.
- The channel from Red marker 16 in the Pamlico River to the Coastal Railway swing bridge has a normal depth of 9 to 11 feet. Inside the trestle, water depths run from 14 to 24 feet.
- The Coastal Railway Swing Bridge is typically closed from about 9:30 am to 12:00 pm during weekdays, but will open on demand. Contact the bridge attendant on VHF channel 16 to request an opening.
- A no-wake zone is in effect on the Pamlico River between the Coastal Railway swing bridge and the U.S. Highway 17 Bridge. Please reduce your speed to the minimum needed to maintain safe steerage.
- Transient boat slips on the Washington Waterfront are nominally 35' long and 16' wide, with water depths from 12 to 24 feet. Longer vessels can be accommodated along the outside of the T-docks.
- The Washington Waterfront has negligible lunar tide and little current, but water depths and currents can change significantly due to wind speed and direction. Contact the Dock Attendant on VHF 16 to get local conditions and assistance in docking.