Historic Preservation Planning administers the design review process in the historic districts through the Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) process. The Historic Preservation Commission reviews all proposed major changes to the exterior of properties, structures, new construction, signage and changes to the surrounding grounds, including landscaping. The City's Historic Preservation Planner assists and offers guidance to the community and the commission on matters of historic preservation. Certain minor exterior changes to properties can be reviewed by the Historic Preservation Planner through the administrative Minor Works COA process.
Please contact our Historic Preservation Planner at (252) 946-0897 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any concerns or questions regarding these matters.
Please find Historic Preservation related forms and applications at the link below:
*** Applications, Permits and Other Documents ***
- NC State Historic Preservation Office
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- Preservation Briefs Online
- Federal NC Historic Tax Credit Programs
- National Register of Historic Places
- American Association for State & Local History
- Preservation North Carolina
- National Register Historic Districts