Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Division provides numerous services that relate to the well being and orderly development of the city. Planning Staff's primary functions are to:
- Assist the public in their compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
- Review development proposals for compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
- Process Zoning Permits, Special Use Permits, Sign Permits, Zoning Code Text Amendments, Annexations and Rezoning Requests.
- Review Commercial and Multi-family Site Plans and Preliminary & Final Subdivision Plats.
- Respond to citizen complaints and inquiries associated with land use activities.
- Assist the City Council and Advisory Boards.
- Lead the City's Long Range Planning efforts.
- Assist and Promote Downtown Revitalization.
- Complete Economic and Community Development Projects.
Staff accomplish these tasks under the guidance of of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance and other adopted plans and policies.
As part of development, zoning and landuse review process some items must go before the the Planning Board (agendas and minutes) and the Board of Adjustment (agendas and minutes) for consideration. Planning Staff reviews and makes recommendations on all matters presented to these two Advisory Boards.
Please contact Plannig & Zoning staff with any questions or concerns.
Glen Moore, Planning Administrator (252) 975-9317 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Maye, Administrative Support Specialist (252) 975-9383 email@example.com
Please find Planning & Zoning related forms and applications at the link below:
*** Applications, Permits and Other Documents ***