Director of Police and Fire Services
The Director is responsible for the overall direction of the Police and Fire Services. The Director ensures that all employees comply with mandated federal and state laws, municipal ordinances, North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards, North Carolina Office of State Fire Marshal, and the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Service.
In partnership with the community, the City of Washington Police and Fire Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all by providing professional police, fire and EMS service to the residents and visitors of Washington.
The overall goals for the Washington Police and Fire Services are :
- Reduce Crime
- Provide emergency and non-emergency medical services
- Provide specialize rescue service
- Build and Maintain trust
- Enforcement and investigation of criminal activity
- Fire Prevention programs
- On-going training of department personnel
- Community engagement
- Developing and maintaining strong community partnerships